Sunday, September 7, 2008

metrosexual

This morning I made a startling discovery--I am married to a metrosexual. Now, mind you, he does not get manicures or pedicures (although if you ever saw his feet you would recommend an overhaul), but when I went to wake him up for church this morning (yes, a "motherly" duty and I HATE it but let's face it, when you want your family to get to church on time sometimes you have to be a little assertive :) his face was totally covered in white stuff. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Blake went to bed with a mask on! And what's even better--while he was shaving he told me how much of a better shave he gets if he does his "mask". I wonder what will be next in his transformation--getting his hair colored, day trips to the spa or maybe he'll want one of Julie Spilsbury's pedicures. I hear she does a great job with the ped egg she bought at Walgreen's. I should have taken a picture of the "mask" for evidence, but I was feeling pity on the poor guy. Next time, I'll capture the moment. :)

Okay, this is Blake;  I have to defend myself.  Last night I was practicing for Halloween - I'm planning on becoming Dracula for the holiday.  So, instead of applying make-up, I figured I would take the manly approach of applying a non-toxic shaving aid which at the same time exfoliates the skin.  By using this mask I get a cleaner and more masculine shave which the ladies love.  I will post more "better shaving" tips later in my "Mountain Man Online Shaving Guide".
:)

5 comments:

Julie said...

You BOTH have me laughing! Blake- we know the real story! But I ain't touchin' your feet! My hubby's where I draw the line! Does Blake like his crital gel?

Katy said...

Hi Jennifer, it's Katy! I'm glad I found your blog. Your little girl has gotten so big! Hope all is well with you!

huneybezzz3 said...

Ok i am sitting here laughing sooooo hard I can not believe how funny the two of you are!

Allison Nelson said...

You guys are hilarious!!! I don't know WHO to believe. :) Fun post.

Heather Bower said...

That was so funny. Nice your secret is out.