Monday, October 13, 2008

Baby Boy Bergeson

Well, we had another ultrasound today and luckily, the baby was cooperative. It's a boy! We are soooo excited and can't wait for him to get here. We know for sure his middle name will be James like Blake and Blake's dad. We are still thinking about first names. So far we have Jonathan James (after my dad, John) and Peter James (Blake wants a Scandinavian name--he wants Magnus--I told him over my dead body). This child does not cease to move. He even did a flip when the dr. was doing the ultrsound. I am hoping (ok, praying) that this child is more like his daddy. So far, everything indicates the baby is healthy. We are so grateful! (I am not a spring chicken, you know). :)





Okay, Blake here...just to give everyone some background on the reasoning behind my desire to name a son Magnus :)
Magnus is a power name which means "big" or "great". Bergeson is the Swedish name for "Son of Berg" or "Son of Mountain". So I thought it would be a good idea to name a son, Magnus - Big... Son... of Mountain... (yoda-style). The name Magnus also runs in the family. I still like it :)


OK--Jennifer again. I don't know who Blake is calling a mountain, but I just have one thing to say about that--Bergeson is my married name, so the mountain thing does not apply to me (ok, well maybe right now in my "state" but not normally). And I sure do not want to have a BIG baby, so no Magnus--and maybe we should change Bergeson to Gustafson. At least that would mean son of "royal staff or staff of the gods". I am not a mountain. Love you Blakey po Blakey.

9 comments:

Jamie said...

OH a boy, how fun!! Sorry Blake I agree no magnus.

Heather Bower said...

Yeppie that is so fun. Congrats.

Brooke said...

Congrats!!!! I love Jonathan! And totally think Magnus is a better name than Peter, for sure!

Julie said...

Yay for a boy! Can't wait to see the little guy! You guys crack me up! Have I said that before? So I think my sis is naming hers Blake! Funny huh since she is due a day apart! Ü

james n mary said...

hey blake and family! congrats!!! good luck on agreeing on a name...we didn't agree until we were at the hospital on Fox's name!

and it's fun to see Jennifer went to Chicago!! Midway is the craziest shortest landing strip ever; I thought we were going to go through the fence into the neighborhood! And NO KIDDING about trains! I've never taken so many trains and cabs in my life! I'm glad to see she had fun :) have fun and don't forget to put your feet up at night when you're watching the telly Jennifer!!!

Susan said...

Congratulations! Little boys are great!

Allison Nelson said...

Congratulations! A boy. How fun! And what a perfect addition to your little family.

Colby Bower said...

I vote for Gunther.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congrats on your soon-to-be baby! I'm so excited for you, Bro. Begeson, and Reagan!