Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Why?

Isn't a blog supposed to be where we can say whatever and have it not make total sense? Just ramble. . .
I was looking at my friend's blog (Jackson Familia link) and kept asking myself, "Why do I get to keep my baby and my friend has to lose his?" That thought goes through my mind over and over and I can't find an answer. I can't even begin to understand just how difficult losing a child can be, and I don't ever want to. My heart aches enough for Vic and Molly. How I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain, but I have learned that sometimes experiencing pain is the only way to learn what is necessary for us to learn in order to become more like our Father in Heaven. I remember in Elder Scott's talk "Trust in the Lord" he says our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ would not require us to experience a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for our personal benefit or for that of those we love. I just pray Heavenly Father will let Blake and I carry some of that burden for them. I just don't know what else to do, and it kills me to see such a wonderful family in so much pain.

No comments: