Sunday, November 16, 2008

Big Girl Bed for Raegan


It's that time--time to make the shift from baby to "big girl". We are slowly but surely getting ready for baby brother's arrival. We moved the crib into the baby's room and made the switch to a real bed for Raegan. Sonja sewed a BEAUTIFUL quilt for her new bed as well as the dust ruffle. We took apart all of her baby bedding, and Sonja transformed it into a twin size quilt--custom made just for Raegan. :) You can't tell where the baby quilt stops and the twin size one begins. Sonja is a MASTER seamstress.


Her shirt says, "Big Sister."


Isnt's the quilt beautiful? It saved me from having to redo Raegan's room. Yes!


She LOVES her big girl bed.


Too bad you can't see the dust ruffle, but you can see what one of the pillows is going to look like. She has four dresses just like the one on this pillow hanging on the wall opposite her bed. Like I said, Sonja is a master seamstress. Can't wait for everything to be finished!

3 comments:

Heather Bower said...

You did lots of posting. What fun stories I love to read all your fun stuff. I love the quilt it is so cute. Good luck with the big girl bed I hated that transition. :)

Vic said...

Jenn,

I just did some "catching up" on your blog. Loved the posts. Congratulations on your little boy!! I cannot believe you are 39, I suspect some ploy to get extra gifts or something. 39? Sorry don't believe it. You maybe look a year older than the 1st day I met you in church - which I will admit was more than a year ago... Crazy. I do have to say that I think Magnus is a cool name, though I can understand the objection. I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy. Thanks for your comments on our blog. Congrats again and lots of love.

Vic, Molly & Lucy

Vic said...

ps - Raegan is beautiful which comes as no surprise to anyone that knows her mom, good luck with the big girl bed transition