Thursday, December 18, 2008

Raegan and Her Numbers

I thought this was pretty cool, so I'm going to brag a little bit about daddy's little girl.

Yesterday, December 17, Raegan had pulled up a chair to our little chalk-board and was scribbling on it with chalk. She then yelled out, "Mommy, I drew a four!" I heard Jennifer cheer her on and then say, "Show daddy." Naturally, I came running in the room to see what Raegan had accomplished and she said, "Daddy, I drew a four." I said, "Wow, you did!!" She then replied, "I drew two fours."

I had to run and grab the camera to take a picture. Below are a few pictures. One of the fours looks a little smudged because she was pointing to it by putting her finger right on it :) I don't know if she was planning on writing fours or if she did it twice by accident and recognized that they looked like number four - either way I think it is cool.

Also, if you look below the two fours... you will see a number eight... she added the two numbers and wrote 8 at the bottom. The second 4 also looks like it is preceded with a partial derivative symbol... Okay, I'm stretching it with the last two, but the bottom number does sort of look like an eight.


1 comment:

Heather Bower said...

Wow it must be her smart parents and preschool (or playschool) teacher. That is awesome. I love when kids do amazing stuff.