Monday, March 16, 2009

more progress

The pediatrician was in this morning. He said that our goal this week is to get Jonathan home. Finally! Yesterday they took him off the continuous feed and put him on a bolus feed--1 oz every hour in the first 30 minutes of that hour. Now they are going to jump to 3 ounces every three hours and see how he does. After that we are going to try feeding with a bottle, and he said we could try some time today if he tolerates the bolus feeds with the NG tube. We are keeping our fingers crossed. I am thinking we will be home by Wednesday--maybe even tomorrow!!

I got a nice surprise this morning. When the pediatrician left I went over to make googly eyes at Jonathan, and he gave me the biggest smile! I looked up on the internet when little babies smile for the first time as a social reaction vs. a reflex and it said 6-8 weeks. I don't care--I'm counting it as his first real smile at his mommy. Now, if you asked Blake when he smiled for the first time, he would tell you Jonathan smiled at Blake when he was a week or two old. We'll let him think that . . :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome Mom! Admiramos tu fe y paciencia, tu dedicacion y confianza en el SeƱor. Gracias por mantenernos informados. Nos imaginamos a Jonathan y su hermosa sonrisa diciendote "todo va a estar bien, no te preocupes".