Friday, March 13, 2009

"turned the corner"

Finally some good news! The nurse practitioner pulmonologist was in this morning to see Jonathan. She said she thinks he has "turned the corner" with this thing. Yippee! They turned his oxygen down from a 1.0 liter to .3 liter and his saturation levels are staying in the upper 90's. She also said his blood gas levels have greatly improved which indicates his exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide is much better. She said that the blood gas reading is a better indication of progress than the x-ray. He still has yet to have his x-ray this morning, so I don't know the outcome of that yet. For the last 48 hours he has been on pulmicort and albuterol/xopanex (they switched from albuterol to xopanex), and the nurse practitioner said she thinks it's been long enough for us to see the results of the effects of the pulmicort--a reduction in the inflamation of the lungs. He seems to be doing so much better. He may have to go home on oxygen or with the feeding tube, neither of which I look forward to, but as long as he is getting better we are so grateful. Thanks again to EVERYONE who has been praying for us. I have really felt strength beyond my own this past week, and I know it is because of your prayers. We are thankful to those that have come to visit, have called or sent emails. A special thanks to my mother who has been tending Raegan all week, cleaning my house and doing my laundry. I love you, Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We couldn't have done this without your love and support.

5 comments:

granny said...

I'm so grateful for the good news. You are in my prayers.

Bagheera (Kathy) said...

I am so happy about his progress. Thanks for keeping us updated. You sure mean the world to me Jen.

Blake said...

Jennifer is doing soo much for our family and being such a good mommy for little Jonathan. She is the best. I love you Jen Jen. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news! God is good! You all are still in our thoughts and prayers.

Jennifer said...

I love you, too, Blakey po Blakey.